HBO host Bill Maher warned Saturday that President Trump is “really a costume away from a full-on dictator”:
— Bill Maher (@billmaher) February 10, 2018
Maher shared a clip from the Real Time episode that aired Friday night in which he talked about Trump’s proposed military parade—which has been confirmed by the White House. Mayer said: Donald Trump told the Pentagon that he wants a military parade. Oh it’s going to be spectacular. Tanks and missiles and fighter jets, all presided over by a loose canon. Maher said this is “scary stuff.”
Later in the show, Bill Maher shared his “dictator checklist,” which he began compiling on Trump last year: We put together a “dictator checklist” last year right around this time. It’s pretty scary. And now with the military parades, he had 8 out of 10. Now he he’s gonna have 9 out of 10. The Real Time host began listing the items that have been checked off. They include:
- “You’re a narcissist and you like your name or face on buildings,”
- “You appoint family members to positions of power,”
- “You hate the press and use your own propaganda outlet” (which he singled out Fox News as “State TV”),
- “Missile parades,”
- “You use your office for you own personal financial gain,” “align with other dictators,”
- “Claim minorities are the cause of problems in this country,” and
- “You lie so freely that people don’t know what the truth is anymore.”
- “Who has rallies after the election is over?” Maher asked.
“He’s still campaigning!” April Ryan responded.
Maher replied: It’s not even about campaigning. It’s about, he’s feeling blue because someone was mean on TV….”So I need 9,000 drooling idiots in an airplane hanger in Tuscaloosa, stat!! Maher noted that the one item on the list that Trump has yet to do is “military costume.”
What do YOU think?
*Please let us know in the comments section below!*